If you are like me, I completely dislike cleaning the bathroom. I can think of so many other things I would rather do. It is a necessity, however, so why not buy the best products possible to make bathroom cleaning more tolerable!
That’s why I decided to do some research on the best toilet brushes that are available.
Best Toilet Brushes
This review will help you find a range of toilet brushes that will help you do the dirty work with more ease. I’ve picked 10 of the best products on the market and provided pros and cons of each one. Look at these products and see what you think about them.
1. Clorox Toilet Plunger, White/Gray
The Clorox toilet plunger features a gray toilet plunger with a white handle. The plunger fits inside a white hideaway caddy with a gray base. The caddy has a clamshell opening which gives you the hands free ability to open the caddy by simply lifting up on the handle of the plunger.
The caddy also features an internal drying rack and drip tray which comes in handy after you have used the plunger. The plunger sits on the drying rack and all excess water drips into the tray at the base of the caddy.
The caddy has a stylish design so you can place it near you toilet and be ready for life’s surprises at any time. This is a great product for ensuring you keep your toilet clean and clear of clogs.
- Stylish design
- Storage caddy with clamshell doors
- Features an internal drying rack and drip tray
- Clamshell doors sometimes get stuck and have to be manually opened
2. Mr. Clean 440436 Turbo Plunger and Bowl Brush Caddy Set
This product from Mr. Clean features both a toilet plunger and a large round brush for cleaning. They are both stored in a stylish base that has a rubber non-slip bottom. The caddy will blend in with your bathroom decor and can be stored just out of site behind your toilet.
The plunger has a large rubber grip handle and an extended rubber plunger to provide highly effective results in clearing toilet clogs. The brush has a round bristle head which features long nylon bristles to reach far underneath the rim of your toilet bowl. Clogs and dirty toilets don’t stand a chance with this in your home!
- Plunger has extended suction cup on the bottom
- Toilet brush has long nylon bristles
- Caddy conveniently stores plunger and brush
- Caddy has a non-slip rubber base
- Brush handle is fragile and cannot sustain much pressure while scrubbing
3. mDesign Compact Freestanding Plastic Toilet Bowl Brush and Holder
This toilet brush from mDesign comes with an individual holder which provides discreet storage when the brush is not in use. The holder has a non-skid foam base which keeps the holder and brush securely in place.
The sturdy brush has nylon bristles that can deep clean those hard to reach places in your toilet. The handle is easy to grip and the lid of the holder acts as a shield on the handle to avoid small splashes while cleaning.
This product is made from durable shatter-resistant plastic and will keep your toilet looking sparkling clean!
- Brush holder has a non-skid foam base
- Sturdy brush with nylon bristles
- Brush handle has a splash guard
- Space-saving design
- Brush may not air dry well if the lid is tightly placed back on the base
4. OXO Good Grips Hideaway Compact Toilet Brush, Black
OXO has designed a toilet brush holder that is a hideaway canister. It neatly stores the toilet brush when it is not in use. The canister door automatically opens when the brush is lifted out.
The toilet brush features a tapered brush head and sturdy blue bristles on the end for cleaning under the toilet bowl rim. The handle is shaped for a secure and comfortable grip.
The canister drip tray has ventilation slots that allow water to evaporate after the brush has been used. If you are looking for a toilet brush and holder with a small footprint and sleek design, then this OXO product is the right one!
- Hideaway canister to hold the toilet brush
- Toilet brush has a tapered brush head
- Ergonomically shaped handle
- Canister drip tray has ventilation slots
- Excess water can leak out of the bottom of the base if it’s not cleaned periodically
5. IXO Toilet Brush with Stainless Steel Handle and Holder, 2 Pack
This toilet brush has an ergonomically designed handle which is made of stainless steel and is 16.8-inches long. The lid of the toilet brush holder stays on the handle of the brush and acts as a splash guard while you are cleaning.
The sealed holder contains all excess water and drips from the brush after each use. The toilet brush is suspended inside the holder so that it doesn’t sit in dirty water while drying.
This IXO brand toilet bowl brush and holder is backed with a full refund guarantee. If you are unhappy for any reason, you can get your money back with no questions asked.
- Stainless steel toilet brush handle
- Handle is 16.8-inches long
- Handle features a splash guard
- Brush is suspended in the holder to avoid sitting in dirty water
- Metal splash guard can scratch the toilet bowl if you are not careful
6. mDesign Modern Slim Freestanding Plastic Toilet Bowl Brush and Plunger
This is a 2-in-1 designed set that includes a toilet bowl brush and a plunger that are stored in a convenient compact base. The brush has sturdy bristles that will clean those hard to reach places.
The brush has a plastic splash shield to prevent you from getting water on your hands while cleaning the toilet. When not in use, the brush sits suspended inside its own holder.
The durable plunger has a rubber head which creates a tight seal on the toughest toilets. The plunger flange has a long and narrow profile designed to work better with modern toilets. If you need a new cleaning system for your bathroom, this product from mDesign may suit your needs!
- 2-in-1 brush and plunger set
- Brush has a plastic splash guard
- Plunger flange is long and narrow for modern toilets
- Brush handle is not very strong
7. ToiletTree Products Modern Deluxe Freestanding Toilet Brush and Plunger Combo, 2 Pack
This product from ToiletTree features a duo hideaway canister set which is open in the back so the plunger and toilet brush are always out of sight. The black rubber plunger is designed to provide a good grip and suction power so you can clear up clogs quickly and easily. It has a sleek stainless steel handle which is strong enough for even the toughest clogs.
The toilet brush has black bristles and also has a stainless steel handle. Once you are finished scrubbing your toilet, simply hang the brush back in the hideaway canister. It will be suspended in the air so it is not sitting in the water that drips away into the canister.
This set has a trendy look with a solid and secure stand. It’s perfect for any bathroom and will blend in with any bathroom decor.
- Hideaway canister to store the plunger and toilet brush
- Stainless steel handles
- Black rubber plunger head
- Black brush bristles
- Replaceable plunger and brush heads
- Stainless steel coating may show wear and rust after time from cleaners
8. mDesign Slim Plastic Toilet Bowl Brush and Holder
This product features a sturdy brush with nylon bristles that can reach deeply under the toilet rim to give you a sparkling clean toilet. The brush has an individual holder for discreet storage when the brush is not in use. The holder has a non-skid foam base which keeps the holder and brush securely in place.
The handle of the brush is easy to grip, and it has a splash guard halfway down the brush handle to protect you from water splashes while cleaning. This product has a slim profile which makes it perfect for small bathrooms or powder rooms.
- Slim design for compact spaces
- Non-skid foam base
- Strong nylon brush bristles
- Splash guard
- No ventilation holes in brush holder
9. Sellemer Toilet Brush and Holder Set
This is a unique toilet brush which is made of silicone instead of nylon bristles. The thick brush head has a flat design which bends freely and allows you to get into the very bottom of your toilet more easily.
The toilet brush head will not accumulate hair and dirt like traditional toilet brushes. This brush also has an anti-rush handle which is made of polypropylene waterproof plastic.
The toilet brush base is designed with ventilation. It is intended to be hung on the wall so that the dirty water that is drained from the brush can more easily evaporate. This also prevents dirty water spills on your floor.
The brush head hangs suspended in the base which also ensures it remains hygienically clean after many uses. You will love this unique toilet brush and holder. It will change the way you think about cleaning toilets!
- Brush is made of silicone
- Flat design which bends freely
- Anti-rust handle
- Suspended base hangs on the wall
- Base is ventilated to ensure water evaporates
- Brush handle is pretty short
10. SimpleHuman Toilet Brush and Toilet Plunger Set, Black
This set includes a plunger, a toilet brush, and separate holders for each one. A unique magnetic collar secures the plunger and the brush to their respective holders.
The plunger flange has a long and narrow profile to work more efficiently with modern toilets. It has a stainless steel handle which will stand up to frequent and rigorous use.
The toilet brush has a crescent shaped head which reaches those tough areas in the toilet bowl without no trouble. The brush also has a stainless steel handle which is resistant to rust and stains. The brush head screws off and on for easy replacement when needed.
If you want a sleek and state-of-the-art plunger and toilet brush set, don’t pass up this product from SimpleHuman. They take bathroom cleaning to a new level!
- Magnetic collar to secure the plunger and brush to their bases
- Stainless steel handles
- Brush head screws off and on for easy replacement
- Suspended storage design ensures water evaporates from the base
- Handle on the brush can come unscrewed while cleaning
Features To Consider Before You Buy
A toilet brush is one small part of what you need to keep your bathroom sparkling clean. Before you buy another brush, look at the following tips for picking the best brush for your cleaning needs.
Some toilet brushes have really short handles. This makes it nearly impossible to clean the toilet because you are constantly worrying about getting your hands too close to the dirty bowl!
Longer handles can be hard to maneuver and require more force to get the toilet bowl clean. Be sure you are getting a brush that has an optimal length handle. This should be anywhere from 16-inches to 19-inches.
When you are finished using the toilet brush, you need a way to store it so it doesn’t get your floor all wet and dirty. Be sure you get a holder that suspends the brush in the air. This ensures the brush is not resting in dirty water where germs and bacteria can grow.
Odor is produced from bacteria and other microorganisms that remain on your toilet brush bristles. They also require very little time to start growing. You can prevent bacterial growth by buying a brush with bristles that are treated with antimicrobial agents. This will prevent the odors from even starting!
Now you know exactly what you need to look for in a premium toilet brush for your bathroom. Be sure you consider the features mentioned above when looking for a new brush. At the end of the day, you want a brush that can be stored discreetly, remains clean and odor free, and looks sleek and modern when not in use.